Sunday, 20 January 2008

Week Two

A little later than anticipated, week two finished on Thursday just gone, but I've been mulling over whether or not to continue including costs associated with us moving house in my buy-nothing endeavours. The outcome is that I'm not going to. The further down the line we go, the sillier it is going to get as Fees and purchase price of a new house drive things up and I begin to look like someone with money to burn!

I've also been thinking about what else won't be included, and these are: groceries, toiletries, household cleaning items. Even if one day we become self-sufficient in fruit and veg, we will still need to buy in other food. Likewise toiletries, if I make our own I still have to buy the ingredients. And for cleaning things as well.

So, what exactly did I spend last week? A few pounds on food and drink that weren't strictly necessary. We had Estate Agents in last week and their valuations were way above what we had imagined, so a small celebration was in order! (Well, we thought so! *grin*) That was £18.05. On Thursday, I was so suffused with excitement about the valuations that I didn't even venture into charity shops.

So, there we are. Until next week. :)

Total money spent this week: £18.05
New things bought: Celebratory Food & Drink
Unnecessary purchases: The above! *grin*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news about the house!

Btw, do you mind if I put links to your blogs on mine?

Hx

Mara said...

Oh yes please do that! No need to ask...I've been running amok adding peoples' links to this blog.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about your house valuation Mara, great blog too :0
Sandy(CL)